Monday, 9 November 2015

STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT ESSAY SAMPLE


My primary professional goal is to become a strategic manager in a big multinational corporation that deals in manufacturing or marketing of commodities. Significantly advancing, or establishing such an organization is one of my aspirations. Therefore, I am planning to work within one firm. To achieve my goals, I believe that I will have to contribute to the prosperity of the society and express both my interests and talents.
I have real experience in public positions, business management, and traveling. I view this experience as strong bases of making a strategic manager who can be successful in Multinational Corporation. Acquiring quality academic education in the field of business administration is my primary short-run objective that will greatly help me achieve my goal.
I am taking a business course so that I can acquire the both tools and necessary to lead a multinational organization to success. Combining elective entrepreneurship, scientific disciplines, and fundamental of management courses will enable me to be well equipped to serve effectively as a leader in any company. The syllabuses in my course are perfectly fitting to business knowledge and skills I am aiming to acquire.
Information about my goals can affect my goals in two ways. Too much information will hinder me from taking the next step and making decision. Also with insufficient information I cannot put my goals into perspective. Gaps in knowledge about my goals can be a major setback towards achieving my goals. Achieving my goal will require certain skills. Understanding skills needed and how to acquire them can be a challenge.
Everybody has a set of beliefs in life that are programmed in their brains at an early stage of life. These beliefs can limit and hold back my ability to reach my goals. Procrastination or indecision hinders my decision making resulting to no step forward toward my goal.
People around me may fear me achieving my goal. For them my goal will make me change and hence having a negative effect on their side. They may lack awareness how my goal means to my life. It is likely they will influence me and sabotage my plans.
Money, time and other resources are primary reason for not pursuing goals. Lack of money is what can stop me from achieving my dreams. Shortage of time and other resources are one of the most common barriers faced. With tight schedule to balance between work and family I may fail to reach my set goals because of shortage in time.(Brodie)
Strategic management involves specifying company goals, setting clear guidelines and planning on how to achieve the set goals, providing enough resources for plans implementation. Strategic management is highest activity of the management.(Nag)
I hope strategic management will provide me with enough knowledge and skills to survive in a business environment that is highly competitive and volatile. Advancing my understanding of problems and challenges related to formulation of strategy, competitive advantage, and strategy implementation that enhances business performance. Strong theoretical foundation from strategic management research will aid in acquiring the competency to develop, review and critically evaluate new ideas that will advance research in strategic management.(Ghemawat)
I am looking forward to understand business strategy by use of practical experience field of study. Literature strategy evaluated so as to assess how applicable is classic framework in this century.

NEED A SIMILAR PAPER AT AFFORDABLE RATES?CLICK ON THIS LINK

 

References

Brodie, Duncan. "8 Barriers To Achieve in 2012." Goals And Achievement (2012).
Ghemawat, Pankaj. "Competation and Business strategy in Hissorical Perspective." Business History Review (2002).
Nag, R.Hambrick, D. C. Chen, M. J. "What is strategic management, really? Inductive derivation of the field." Strategic Management Journal (2007).



No comments:

Post a Comment